Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Back Home for a Test Fitting!

Went home for the fourth of July weekend decided it would be a good time to test fit the structure to see if I have actually been working off of the right measurements. Overall I say everything fits just about prefect. As a bonus I cut some styrene to size for the concrete floor the tracks run in

The overall length of the structure is about 5' 2" from all to wall. It will be made up of three sections, like I said earlier. I will be more description in another post.

One item that may be a tad more complicated is the base for the wall section that isn't the loading dock area.




 As a bonus I cut a patch in the styrene base for the tracks to run in on an used .010 styrene under that to hold everything together. Then I added some styrene on the tops of the ties for the concrete floor. Making it appear that the tracks are cemented in.


Already I think this view from inside the main door is fairly nifty. It will of course look much better with all of the concrete painted.


1 comment: